HDMI driving me crazy

Movingclouds

Honorable
Sep 3, 2015
When closing netflix, amazon video or some games my monitor blackscreens for a split second and seems to lose connection to the HDMI before returning to normal after a second or two, due to the frequency that i use these services it's driving me mad and i have no idea what could be causing it

InvalidError

Titan
AMD GPU? I used to have that problem with my HD5770 whenever anything that used a video overlay started or stopped. The loss of sync spanned all three of my monitors - that's 1xDVI + 1xHDMI + 1xDP. Haven't had that problem with my GTX1050 using the same three monitors.

Movingclouds

Honorable
Sep 3, 2015

No, Nvidia GPU, i just tried it with an old monitor and it works fine, it's something to do with my new ASUS VS248HR i think, could it be my old HDMI cables? i can't even begin to think what could be causing this

InvalidError

Titan
If the cable works for the resolution you are using your display at, I see absolutely no reason why closing and opening videos would have any effect on that.

Unless your video player is changing the display refresh rate to more closely match whatever video you are playing, then you would have a loss of sync on each refresh rate change.

Movingclouds

Honorable
Sep 3, 2015

I don't even know, all i know is that when i close the netflix/amazon tab my monitor black screens for a sec and loses connection. I have tried everything under the sun that i can think of and nothing's working. If you have anything at all that might be worth trying let me know

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Try using another scaling mode in Nv CP

3C2A77E26D8341A817B6FCB54E22A18420CAFF21

Movingclouds

Honorable
Sep 3, 2015

I've already tried this and alas no luck, still disconnects for a second.
It still only happens in netflix and amazon video, every other video service i try is fine.