Hdmi from GPU to monitor connection error

Jan 20, 2019
I shut off my computer last night normally, with no issues. I turned it on this morning an my monitor kept saying no connection and going into sleep mode. It kept doing this and I now can’t get into my computer. What is happening and how can I fix this? Is it my hdmi cable or something more serious.

I have an rx 580 4gb, i5 7400, 8gb ram, 1tb hard drive, windows10 64 bit

Solution
Check the HDMI cable on both ends to ensure that the plugs are fully and firmly in place.

Check the monitor's menu's to ensure that the correct video input port is selected/configured.

Try another known working HDMI cable.

Verify that the GPU is fully and firmly seated and likewise for any internal connection cables.

Try your monitor on another known working PC.

Try another known working monitor on your PC.

Determine if the problem stays with your computer or follows the existing monitor.

Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS.

Ralston18

Titan
Check the HDMI cable on both ends to ensure that the plugs are fully and firmly in place.

Check the monitor's menu's to ensure that the correct video input port is selected/configured.

Try another known working HDMI cable.

Verify that the GPU is fully and firmly seated and likewise for any internal connection cables.

Try your monitor on another known working PC.

Try another known working monitor on your PC.

Determine if the problem stays with your computer or follows the existing monitor.

Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS.

Solution