HDMI from PC and PS4 to TV issue

ChaoticEarth

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
I have a very interestiing issue with my TV/PS4:

My PC and PS4 is connected to my Philips TV with individual HDMI-cables, but recently the video from my PC started to display red lines/dots across the screen and my PS4 cannot output any video or audio at all.

I changed the HDMI-cable to my PC and the red lines mostly disappeared (although do lightly show up sometimes when the PC has been static in the background when watching TV (e.g. overnight).

I changed the HDMI-cable from my PS4 with no luck. I then started the console in safe mode and changed the resolution to 480p, which does give audio and video to the TV. However, if I change the resolution to 720p and higher, the audio/video is mostly a black screen with intermittent connection of a half a second each 10 sconds or so.

It doesn't matter which of the three HDMI ports I use on my TV the issue remains the same. And when I handed in my PS4 at the store where I bought it, they plugged it in and got 1080p video without any disturbance.

This is really confusing to me since I can clearly see 1080p video on my TV through the PC.

Is it my TV or my PS4 which needs repair?

Unplug the TV's power and press the power button on it for 5 seconds. Replug and power on.
Try updating the firmware of the tv

Plug in the HDMI cable really tight
Mine wouldn't go deeply enough because of the plastic on the HDMI connector and the port plastic around too

ChaoticEarth

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013

No I haven't. But as I said the technician at the store showed me that the console worked on their tv with 1080p.

ChaoticEarth

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
Do TVs have graphics card or the like? The curious thing is that I can eithout any trouble play and watch 1080p HD videos on youtube via my PC.

Could the PS4 and my PC be using different "signals" or something like that?

ChaoticEarth

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013

I did as you suggested and fit the HDMI cables as snugly as they can, but this doesn't resolve the issue. I also actually did a factory reset and reinstall on my TV with no luck. I also initialized my PS4 which didn't help with being able to use higher than 480p resolution.

ChaoticEarth

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
Update: This problem becomes more and more interesting each day. Now as I start the PS4 and the TV I get the same results on 480p as I do with 720p and higher. Although, once I power up my PC (which is also connected to the TV via HDMI) I get an image on 480p (with the small white blinking dots here and there on the screen).