HDMI monitor to VGA pc, how to connect?

ItsQuist

Reputable
Jan 3, 2015
Hi guys, Im slowly upgrading my tech from a new mouse to new keybaord to new monitor to a new computer. So I ordered an acer H236hlbid 23' monitor. I want to run Hdmi on it so it can show its true beatuy but I know I cant since my ancient pc only has a vga connector. Ive hear of converters but I dont really understand them. Is there a converter out there that can fit my needs? Thanks for any replies!

Solution
VGA works on analog signal whereas HDMI is digital only. You would require an active VGA to HDMI converter. It seems your monitor does have a VGA port. I would recommend to stick with that and do not go with a converter until and unless it is necessary as converter will not dramatically improve the quality of signal. If you want good quality imaging, you would require a GPU with HDMI output.

thetechy

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
VGA works on analog signal whereas HDMI is digital only. You would require an active VGA to HDMI converter. It seems your monitor does have a VGA port. I would recommend to stick with that and do not go with a converter until and unless it is necessary as converter will not dramatically improve the quality of signal. If you want good quality imaging, you would require a GPU with HDMI output.

Solution