Question HDMI motherboard GPU issue with multi display

Jun 24, 2022
Please help with the weird issue.

Background info, I built this PC five years ago, and had four monitors running fine since then, now one of the HDMI ports will not show video. I am running a NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 GPU, a Gigabyte H110M MB, and CPU is i3-6100. I have always had one monitor on the HDMI port for MB, one on the HDMI for the GPU, and then DVI and VGA on MB. However, the other day the HDMI port on the GPU stopped working, however, I discovered the following.

The monitors and cables work fine so do the ports just not all at the same time. I tried the monitors and cables on another computer, I unplugged the HDMI on the MB and switched them with the GPU ones and the monitors, respectively individually work fine but not together. BIOS is enabled for graphics on CPU, device manager states all is good with drivers. I tried uninstalling the drivers and when I did that the monitor that was plugged in and not working (plugged into the MB) turned on while the GPU ones turned off, has to be some type of software issue I feel.

Done a lot of searching, can anyone help, thank you!

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
After 5 years of running, what's changed ? Maybe MB or CPU are slightly cooked ? I know in 2014 Microsoft disabled the manual integrated/dedicated switch. Might be a Windows auto-switch "green feature". What windows are you running ? Tried offloading some of the monitors to the GPU ?

Jun 24, 2022
Windows 10 Home
3 of the monitors were on the GPU, now just two, DVI and VGA,
The HDMI works but not when the CPU HDMI is plugged in and vice versa for HDMI. Seems odd both CPU and GPU work just not simultaneously if they either were cooked?