HDMI no signal found. Bad PSU?

level250geek

Honorable
Nov 17, 2014
So here's the fix I'm in.

I installed a new case fan, and didn't realize that it was smaller than the old one until I was installing it. Decided to go on with it anyway, booted it up, worked fine. But, after a while, I decided I wanted the old fan back in there and swapped them back out.

When I turned my rig on, the monitor failed to pick up a signal. I fussed with it for a while, finally getting it back up. However, now I wasn't getting a wireless connection. My Wi-Fi card was showing up in device manager, but it wasn't getting enough resources to function. So, I powered down and then turned it back on and again no HDMI signal. I tried troubleshooting with the following.

1. Check all connections.

2. Reseat RAM.

3. Trying booting with one RAM stick (two sticks, tried both).

4. Reseat GPU.

Nothing had worked. I did have a flashing red DRAM LED but after reseating the RAM it was solid. CPU LED blinks red twice on power up.

Everything is getting power: case fans, GPU and CPU fans, LEDS on GPU, and SSDs (one less than a year old, one brand new) all spin up. The monitor even senses the HDMI cable. It's just not getting a signal. All connections are tight on the motherboard.

I've been struggling with this for the past three hours. The only thing I can think of is that my PSU is going bad. It's the only original part from my first build that has never been upgraded or replaced, so it's about eight years old. I'm thinking the new fan just pushed it a little too hard. It's been a trooper, but I think it finally gave up on me. Thoughts?

Here's my specs.

ASUS M5A99 r2.0 EVO

AMD FX8350

Gigabyte G1 GTX 970

16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengeance RAM

Rosewill 80 Plus Bronze 1000w PSU

Solution
on mb some slots share irq and memory. make sure the gpu on the top video slot and locked in. also resit it. in the bios make sure the pci slot set tot auto and not an irq. if the wifi card not seen. try reseating it and or moving in into another slot. in the bios make sure those slots the wifi is using are on and set to auto.
on mb some slots share irq and memory. make sure the gpu on the top video slot and locked in. also resit it. in the bios make sure the pci slot set tot auto and not an irq. if the wifi card not seen. try reseating it and or moving in into another slot. in the bios make sure those slots the wifi is using are on and set to auto.

Solution