HDMI No Signal

rainstorm_in_space

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014
[ Running Windows 7 GTX 660 Geforce Intel i6 Gigabyte GA-Z97X motherboard EVGA 600 B Corsair Vengeance 4gb ddr3 1600mhz (2) Im not sure what the resolution was. I never set it up, it was perfect just through hooking up the HDMI. ]

I was using my PC yesterday, installing a new anti-virus because my norton security ran out and had to restart. When the PC came back to life "No Signal" was displayed on my screen. This has never happened before. It is a custom rig that I just built a few months ago and have had no problems with until now. I have scoured the web for similar cases and tried the recommended fixes but none have worked. Everything in the PC seems to be operating correctly, the fans, lights, CD/DVD tray, even the mouse and keyboard light up. I tried to connect to another TV through HDMI and it also gave me "No Signal". Nothing changed from using it before to after the "No Signal" problem. No wires have come loose, nothing is dirty or frayed, I am at a total loss.

I only use the PC for Internet and gaming. I wasn't playing anything the day it failed but the rig is MORE than powerful enough to handle high end games.

PLEASE help if you can! I am really disappointed as this was the first PC I have built and I was really having lot of fun with it. I built it by myself and am moderately proficient in diagnosing problems but I am at a total loss as to what to do now.