Question HDMI not working when plugged into motherboard

Jan 1, 2020
I posted a similar thread about this earlier, but this is a separate problem. I have 2 old monitors that only have DVI-D ports. They're both connected through HDMI adapters. Monitor #1 is connected through the graphics card, and monitor #2 is connected through a docking station with HDMI ports on it. I've had some trouble with monitor #2, however. It disconnects every ~10 minutes, then reconnects about 2 seconds later. I know it's the docking station, so I tried to connect monitor #2 to the HDMI port on the motherboard of the computer. Nothing happened, and the monitor acted as if the computer was off. I tried restarting the computer with the docking station disconnected and monitor #2 plugged into the motherboard, still nothing. Is there some sort of hardware reset I need to do for the computer to detect the monitor?

Note: The motherboard slots are working, as my mouse and the docking station are connecting to the USB areas.

Jan 1, 2020
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-connect-a-display-without-plugging-into-graphics-card.3650208/#post-21990605
from your other thread.
you don't have igpu. so you can't use the motherboard port

as before. what is the exact model of the gpu
there's a lotta words on this box

I'm going to list off everything the box says and hope that something comes out that you might be able to use

MSI Ventus XS Graphics Card
(I think this is the info you need -->) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

ASK THE COMMUNITY