[SOLVED] HDMI or DisplayPort

ViktorHX

Commendable
Nov 24, 2019
Hey guys
So I am going to get a new monitor, and I can plug in HDMI or DisplayPort, Now I am wondering which of those two will be the best choice.
Cheers for reply!

Solution
Hey guys
So I am going to get a new monitor, and I can plug in HDMI or DisplayPort, Now I am wondering which of those two will be the best choice.
Cheers for reply!

Won't make much difference with the info you gave, only time you will need one vs the other is if the specs of the ports and the monitor mean you need to use one or the other. For example some versions of HDMI won't be able to run high refresh rate monitors at higher resolutions.
Dec 28, 2019
Well I'm new to this but I DO KNOW STUFF SO
If you want to get a display you have to know what motherboard you have that can support
For example, my motherboard has a VGA Display port so I have a VGA monitor.

Hey guys
Cheers for reply!

Won't make much difference with the info you gave, only time you will need one vs the other is if the specs of the ports and the monitor mean you need to use one or the other. For example some versions of HDMI won't be able to run high refresh rate monitors at higher resolutions.

Solution