HDMI out of range LG Monitor GTX 970

Mar 6, 2018
I have been using this card and monitor for over a year now and i just encountered this problem. After using the computer for a while it either by playing games or using it to render 3d animations the screen goes black and it gives me the message HDMI out of range. I have also tried using the DVI-D port and that one after a while give me a power saver mode on the screen. I have tried a factory reset and it still does the same thing. All of the drivers are up to date.

I have a GTX 970 and an LG Flatron E2241 monitor.

Solution
Have you tried using a different monitor? If you get the same results, we can at least rule out the possibility of a problem with the monitor. Pretty sure "Out of range" means the refresh rate is too high for the monitor, which is weird, because you've said it only happens after using it for a while. If you've been using a higher refresh rate than your monitor is designed to use, try setting it back to the default. Worst case scenario, you may have a faulty graphics card.

01swodniW

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
Have you tried using a different monitor? If you get the same results, we can at least rule out the possibility of a problem with the monitor. Pretty sure "Out of range" means the refresh rate is too high for the monitor, which is weird, because you've said it only happens after using it for a while. If you've been using a higher refresh rate than your monitor is designed to use, try setting it back to the default. Worst case scenario, you may have a faulty graphics card.

Solution