Question HDMI Output no longer working!

Mar 16, 2019
On an Acer laptop, I've been using the HDMI output for ages and all of a sudden, one day I'm getting a "no signal" message on my tv screen. I've tried all the usual advice: unplug the HDMI cable, turn off the tv, restart the laptop, connect in a different order, uninstall/reinstall/update drivers. I've tested the cable with other devices and tried a monitor instead of the tv and the cable is fine and it's not the tv... so something is wrong with the HDMI output. Any other ideas that aren't already in every other help thread of this problem?

Thanks!

Mar 16, 2019
No, nothing turns up on the TV screen at any time during boot up. But, if memory serves, I don't think anything used to appear until the Windows log in screen anyway (no Acer bios pre-load screen, and I don't think the blue "spinning dots" Window-load screen came up either, when it was working properly). This is really perplexing and very annoying!

Mar 16, 2019
Windows + P definitely didn't work. There's not even any signal glitch (that sometimes occurs) in the TV when you use the windows + p function. It's like there is ZERO signal coming out of the hdmi port. Tried gently wiggling, violently wiggling, poking, prodding, blowing, crying, swearing... nothing works. It's like the laptop is no longer HDMI compatible.

I noticed in one tutorial fix, it recommended removing the HDMI driver under the display setting in device manager, but there is no HDMI driver listed... only the Intel graphics driver. Could that be a problem? Does there need to be a special driver for HDMI output? Nothing has changed in this system (as far as I know) since the HDMI output stopped working... so it's very perplexing.

Mar 16, 2019
It's an Acer laptop, 2.16Ghz with 4GB RAM, WIndows 10 (64bit).

I uninstalled the video driver and reinstalled the video drivers from the Acer website for this laptop. It also had an Nvidia driver for download, but when I tried installing that it said there was no compatible graphics hardware. Interestingly though, the current video driver listed on the website was an older driver (according to my laptop). In any case... that didn't help either.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Which model laptop?

Download gpuz to detect which GPU processors you have.

If you do have Nvidia and know exactly which model (gpuz will tell you), download driver from GeForce.com/drivers.

Could try running Display driver uninstaller in safemode.
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

If still no go dude perhaps try bios reset, enter bios -> exit -> load defaults.

Mar 16, 2019
GPU uninstaller made matters worse: when attempting to duplicate the screen it now says "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card"... so I'm going to try the bios reset next... (fingers crossed).

Mar 16, 2019
Ok... interestingly, the bios reset didn't even fix the new "Your PC can't project" problem. So I'm going to reinstall the drivers from the Acer website. After that... not sure what else to try.