[SOLVED] HDMI port of my laptop is using integrated graphics and not the dedicated gpu ?

Sep 4, 2021
I started using a tv as my second monitor and the screen was overscaled. I looked up the solution and and found it could be fixed in nvidia control panel in display tab but the whole display tab is missing. Also the PhyX tab shows that the HDMI port of my laptop is connected to the integrated graphics which to me seems to be the issue for not having display tab. Does anyone know how to make it so that it uses my nvidia gpu?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. Check and see what BIOS version you're on and the version for your OS(not the edition) at the time of writing. It'd be a good idea to source the latest GPU driver from Nvidia, in case you will need to reinstall the drivers. You should use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot to Safe Mode then manually reinstall your GPU driver, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. Check and see what BIOS version you're on and the version for your OS(not the edition) at the time of writing. It'd be a good idea to source the latest GPU driver from Nvidia, in case you will need to reinstall the drivers. You should use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot to Safe Mode then manually reinstall your GPU driver, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution