Question HDMI port only uses dedicated GPU. Any solution?

Apr 3, 2021
Hi all!
When I use external monitor through HDMI port, dedicated GPU is triggered. That causes unnecessary heat and fan noise even on daily usage such as web browsing etc. It's not problem when gaming though. I disabled dedicated GPU from BIOS but HDMI port didn't work. Are there any ways to enable integrated GPU with HDMI port? Should I use an adapter using other ports? I have two USB type A and one type C port as well. Type C alone doesn't support display output. Thanks in advance for answers.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your external monitor? Can you state what you're taxing the laptop with, content wise to have the discrete GPU get triggered? In essence only the iGPU will come into play if the content you're trying to view isn't demanding.

Make and model of your laptop and it's SKU? If it's the same laptop as stated in this thread, then have you tried manually installing Intel's GPU drivers? You can source the latest drivers for the iGPU from intel's support page or from Lenovo's support page for your laptop.

Apr 3, 2021
Make and model of your external monitor? Can you state what you're taxing the laptop with, content wise to have the discrete GPU get triggered? In essence only the iGPU will come into play if the content you're trying to view isn't demanding.

Make and model of your laptop and it's SKU? If it's the same laptop as stated in this thread, then have you tried manually installing Intel's GPU drivers? You can source the latest drivers for the iGPU from intel's support page or from Lenovo's support page for your laptop.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes it's the same laptop: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/tr/en/...ooks/ideapad-s-series-netbooks/s540-15iwl-gtx
Lenovo Ideapad S540-15IWL GTX
I used the same monitor with my previous laptop which also has a dedicated gpu but never had such a problem.
When unplugged the external monitor, there's no problem. Dedicated GPU comes into play when playing games for example. iGPU handles daily tasks. I manually installed latest gpu drivers for both nvidia and intel but didn't work.