Question HDMI port problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisoHiso

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
Hello, my hdmi port that i use to connect my pc to my monitor and to my projector is problematic and needs to be replaced. I bought this (https://www.skroutz.gr/s/7121984/Powertech-Μετατροπέας-DVI-D-male-σε-HDMI-female-ADA-H003.html) in hopes of solving the problem but it didnt fix it. What should i do in this case? Does it need to get replaced somehow or is there a way to get around the problem? I was about to go to a store to find a solution but considered asking here firstly.

Hello, my hdmi port that i use to connect my pc to my monitor and to my projector is problematic and needs to be replaced. I bought this (https://www.skroutz.gr/s/7121984/Powertech-Μετατροπέας-DVI-D-male-σε-HDMI-female-ADA-H003.html) in hopes of solving the problem but it didnt fix it. What should i do in this case? Does it need to get replaced somehow or is there a way to get around the problem? I was about to go to a store to find a solution but considered asking here firstly.
Which other output and input ports do you have ?

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
Port on the right looks like Display port which should be same as HDMI.

Well not exactly....

Yes that port on the right is a Display Port, and although the purpose is the same (video output to a monitor) it is NOT the same as HDMI, especially if the OP doesn't have a DisplayPort cable and/or if their monitor doesn't have a DP-input port...

And the adapter the OP linked to may or may not work, as converting a DVI output signal (the port on the left, which is what that adapter is for) to an HDMI input is not always a given either, depending on capabilities of their monitor...

HisoHiso

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
Well not exactly....

Yes that port on the right is a Display Port, and although the purpose is the same (video output to a monitor) it is NOT the same as HDMI, especially if the OP doesn't have a DisplayPort cable and/or if their monitor doesn't have a DP-input port...

And the adapter the OP linked to may or may not work, as converting a DVI output signal (the port on the left, which is what that adapter is for) to an HDMI input is not always a given either, depending on capabilities of their monitor...
so what do you propose i do after all then?

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
so what do you propose i do after all then?

Well, if your monitor has a DisplayPort input, just buy a cable with DP connectors on both ends and be done with it...

If not, then get a DP-to-HDMI cable and plug the DP part into your video card output, and the HDMI end into your monitor.

Be careful NOT to get an HDMI-to-DP cable though, which would be the exact opposite and can not be interchanged with a DP-to-HDMI , which would be the one you need if your monitor has a DP input.

Status
Not open for further replies.