[SOLVED] HDMI ports stopped working after 3 mos with new GPU

Apr 17, 2019
MY rig consist of the following: MSI Krait Z370 MB 32gigs of DDR4 mem runing in XMP mode PNY 1070TI gpu,Dell 27" 2716 -dg with g- sync.
Monitor is running tru the dp, (works fine) was running the hdmi out 2 my tv had been working fine 4 about 3weeks then just stopped working.
I have tried the following:tried diff hdmi port,shutting down computer, tried a hdmi cable 2 my monitor, from the gpu do not get a signal tried all the diff things u would normally do in windows ,i do not get the set/ change mulity displays option in windows 10(pro edition) that is now gone from my options, wont allow me 2 force tv detection, (its grayed out).
I have a Explore your motherboard feature in the BIOS that lets u c what hooked up 2 your MB. shows an item in the pcie slot but gives no name, checked that the IGD is turned on (enabled) it is by default. the TV is a brandnew (2019) QLED by Samsung.
it shows that the PC is hooked up 2 it but says the computer is not turned on, tried diff HDMI s on the tv all give the same thing, seem 2 recognize a computer is hooked up but thats it.
any ideas? BTW i cant run another cable out to the tv the existing cable has been run through the wall when i moved in here about 3 yrs ago. so i would have 2 buy a hdmi cable that would b about 20ft long or better run along the baseboard out the bdrm doorway out in2 my living room. but if the general consensuses is that it could be the HDMI cable i guess i could go buy another 1. but i am leaning towards that the HDMI slots have given up the ghost & its time 4 a new GPU. any thoughts, ideas ?.

Apr 17, 2019
If the HDMI ports on the card died then if in Warranty claim RMA . If you test with the onboard IGP through HDMI on the motherboard and success it would confirm.
unfortunately i bought the gpu on E-bay ,it was brand new in a factory sealed box , what most people r not aware of is that most MFG will not warrenty the card if u did not buy it from an authorized seller like amazon, Newegg, i bought from whats called a 3rd party vender. so no warrenty.

Apr 17, 2019
Yes i did get a driver update (about 3days ago) but i think it was not working B4 the driver update. i will try rolling back that update c what happens.
YES YES YES!!! it was the DRIVERS!!!!! i got a hold of Nvidia customer support they stepped me tru a driver rollback , that didnt work then she had me install a international driver & do a CLEAN INSTALL!!!! that did the trick. so if any1 else has trouble with loosing there HDMI ports especially after a new driver update, i would call Nvidia customer support.
Thanks again 4 all the feedback here it really meant & helped a lot.

YES YES YES!!! it was the DRIVERS!!!!! i got a hold of Nvidia customer support they stepped me tru a driver rollback , that didnt work then she had me install a international driver & do a CLEAN INSTALL!!!! that did the trick. so if any1 else has trouble with loosing there HDMI ports especially after a new driver update, i would call Nvidia customer support.
Thanks again 4 all the feedback here it really meant & helped a lot.
Yes Nvidia caused even more confusion when they released drivers for "normal use" and drivers for "creative use" . I guess they don't believe in "keep it simple stupid".