HDMI Splitter controlled via Internet help

May 31, 2018
Hi there,

I am looking for a product that's an HDMI splitter but you can control via the internet. The ability to change the channels of the splitter when I'm miles away with an internet connection but a quick google search has shown nothing. Maybe I'm looking for a different type of product and wondering if anyone can help point me in the right direction.

Thanks for any help!

Why would you need remote control over that instead of having whoever is in front of the devices do it? Don't think what you want exists, at least not in any form you would be willing to spend enough money on. Some A/V setup shop may know of a remote access video switcher but it's likely to cost many times more than a standard one. Crestron has consoles that control video inputs, we have one setup on computers also that can connect to the main setup and swap inputs, but our setup cost $20,000

May 31, 2018
The requirement is to control it in another country and do it ourselves for security reasons, however, some HDMI splitters come with RS232 connectors and I have figured out a solution that I can try and test, where I can hook up a pc to the HDMI splitter by using an RS232 connector and able to control the channels then. Back to what you said, it is a very niche thing that I desire and would indeed be costly if one does exist. I will try out this idea that I discovered today.

I appreciate your time in responding and pointing out the issues I might encounter.

TRENDING THREADS