Hdmi Splitting Issue

nburkex87

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014
I am trying to think of a solution for the situation i am in. I have a ps4 and a pc that i want to split in a weird way. I want my pc monitor to be hooked up to my pc, but also i would like somehow for my ps4 to be hooked up to both my tv screen, and my pc monitor and be able to switch at my choosing. The reason i want to do this is for when i play games like street fighter (which needs the pc monitors' low display lag) but also if i want to play a casual game then i could switch back to the big TV (just for ps4). is this even possible? The whole idea is that i don't want to have to keep switching cables from my tv to my monitor constantly (plus removing other video and audio cables) so even if this isn't possible, is there a way i can do it which will cause less work?

Solution
Ya, no problem. The 3 way splitter I linked previously can accommodate your pc, ps4, and xbox as long as you have enough hdmi cables!

Alfrodo

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
Buy this:http://www.amazon.com/Splitter-compatible-swither-XBOX360-Blu-ray/dp/B0088HP93A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417494234&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+splitter+1+in+2+out

Feed the output of the PS4 into it, which duplicates the signal into 2 hdmi ports. Send one to the TV, send the other to this:
http://www.amazon.com/EnjoyGadgets-Switcher-Selector-Support-Switching/dp/B003AQD5W6
Send the PC signal to this 3-way switch as well.

You can switch sources on your PC monitor with the remote.

nburkex87

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014
thanks dude thats a great idea. btw aha i might be gettin crazy now but within this setup, is it possible for me also to take an Xbox 360 and have it connected only to the pc monitor? its fine if i have to buy 1 more splitter or something. If not its okay im just wondering if i could do this to save the hassle of hooking up my xbox when i wanna play some old gen games while still maintaining the setup you suggested. any help is appreciated.