Question HDMI Switch and DP Issue!?

Jun 14, 2019
Hello all, I'm having an issue with a new hdmi switch I just purchased. Let me breakdown my set up for you.

I have two monitors. My primary monitor is connected to my PC with a DP cable, and runs directly from the PC to the monitor. The other monitor is connected with an hdmi, and runs directly to my pc as well.

With my set up, I also have 3 consoles. A PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. They are all plugged into an hdmi switch, which is connected to my primary monitor via hdmi as well. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079NGSWRL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) that's my primary monitor just so you have the clear info.

So here's the issue. If my pc is on, and I change the input channel to HDMI via the button on the monitor, none of the consoles connected through the switch show up on the monitor. I get a black screen for about 3 seconds and then it switches back to the DP input. However, if my pc is off, the hdmi switch works just fine, and I am able to have each console display on the monitor via the hdmi switch. I've played around with it a lot, but just cant seem to figure it out. PLEASE HELP!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS