Status
Not open for further replies.

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
Recently I bought an hdmi to rca cable. This cable has a purple, green and red connector unlike thr red, white and orange regular cable. I try it and didn't work (I have to admit that I was guessing wicht when where, exept for the red one). Is this cable compatible with my tv (red,white,orange)? Does anyone know wicht is wicht (video, audio L&R)? I write to the seller that told me to "tubeit". I found no help on youtube. Can you help?

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014

The cable is an analog solution where the hdmi carries a digital signal. The cable carries only video so it won't work with the red, white and orange inputs.
I bought the wrong cable.

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
The analog one. You know, purple, green and red. I have three hdmi connections on my tv but I need aconection for a tv box I got. The rca's connector is available but the tv box has an hdmi output. So I need an hdmi to rca cable wich I found on ebay. I will take my loss and order the other cable.
PS. Don't use this cable as a subtitue for an hdmi connection.

So your TV has 3 HDMI inputs and your TV Box has one HDMI output.
Why are you not using an HDMI cable?
Maybe I'm missing something here.

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
I have a TCL 49" 4K TV. It's have three hdmi inputs that I'm using as follow; cable tv; DVD player and PS3. The tv box is "tv box Multimedia Gateway internet tv (KODI).So, it looks that I been had twice.:??:

Status
Not open for further replies.