HDMI to TV no longer working.

Nov 25, 2013
Hi everyone. I own a Windows 8.1 i was watching TV earlier to day ( and the past weeks) without problem. Well i shut off everything and go to the hospital ( younger brother had a daughter today).

After about 4 hours i return home to find my PC updating on boot (its happened before i know because display doesn't load for 30 seconds).

What iv done
-Switch HDMI ports
-Checked and downloaded newest Graphics Card Drivers
-Several Reboots

When i go into settings PC shows TV is linked. I'v unplugged HDMI and PC no longer notices TV. I'v tried to set TV as Default/Main display and TV is not getting signal.

PC monitor works flawlessly tho, and HDMI cable works as iv troubleshooted the cord. I have no new updates and left speechless.

The TV works
Cord/connections work
PC Recognizes TV but still no signal

I'm not going to lie, im not very good with computers but i just can't figure out what is going on.

If anyone is having same problem or knows a possible solution i will gladly listen and try all.

Thank you, and thank you all for your time

(I will be monitoring thread every 5 or so mins for the next few hours so please do not feel i'v abandoned the thread)

Solution

The graphics settings for the onboard graphics.
Nov 25, 2013

Graphics Card is integrated AMD Radeon HD 8400

Amd A6 5200 Quad core 2.0ghz

Its all worked flawlessly until just a few hours ago.

scoobydenon

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011

Go into the BIOS and check the settings there. If nothing is wrong there, try, start, control panel, Display, screen resolution. the display should say what is connected. If not you can click the box and see if your TV is a selectable option.

Nov 25, 2013

What exactly would i be looking for under BIOS?

scoobydenon

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011

The graphics settings for the onboard graphics.

Solution