Question hdmi to vga active converter not working

xGpOj

Commendable
Aug 30, 2020
so i have a Gigabyte GTX 1650 EAGLE D6 OC graphics card and an old monitor with vga input, i've purshased a hdmi to vga active converter that i have tried on my friend's gt 1030 computer with my monitor and vga cable and everything worked fine , but when i tried that same monitor and same cables but nothing works, i have tried every solution possible ( changing the output settings on my computer, disabling the gpu, buying a new converter that works fine on my friends computer but not on mine..) i have no clue where is the problem, any ideas ??

xGpOj

Commendable
Aug 30, 2020
And you have the same devices in play. Meaning there is something about your GPU, apparently, that won't work with this adapter.

Same conditions, same outcome. To arrive at a different outcome, some variable must change.

I would suggest the answer was provide. Different port. Different adapter.
that would probably work , i will try using the display port to vga... but first, i want to try adding 5v to the adapter itself with an external power supply, ive already pierced the adaptor and now im looking for the tool to solder the cables in place.. ive found a video on youtube about someone doing the same on his ps4 becaise apperently he got the same problem,which me luck, i will inform you in maximum 3 days, if i dont than im probably dead lol