Dec 22, 2019
I got this old monitor a couple months ago and have been using it since with a vga to hdmi adapter cause my pc doesnt have a vga port. Then suddenly a couple days ago it stopped working so i figured the monitor died considering how old it is. However when i got a replacement monitor which is also not particularly new but less old it still didnt work. I then tried connecting the monitor to a different pc that has a vga port and it worked fine. I bought the adapter only a couple of months ago so i dont know what could have gone wrong.

Solution
By any chance is it a really cheap HDMI to VGA adapter you bought on Amazon/Ebay? If it is, return it and get a much higher quality one. The cheap ones from mainland China are absolutely terrible and can even mess up your monitor.

Even if it isn't the cheaply made one, exchange it for a similar model. Or return it and get another model brand all together.

mangaman

Honorable
By any chance is it a really cheap HDMI to VGA adapter you bought on Amazon/Ebay? If it is, return it and get a much higher quality one. The cheap ones from mainland China are absolutely terrible and can even mess up your monitor.

Even if it isn't the cheaply made one, exchange it for a similar model. Or return it and get another model brand all together.

Solution
Dec 22, 2019
i bought it from a local big tech store. But yeah tbh the more i thought last night about this the more i realised i really just need to buy a new adapter. and i cant find my warantee sigh but it wasnt particularly expensive at least.