HDMI to VGA converter issue cant go 1080p resolutions

Phil220823

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
Guys could anyone help me solve this. My problem is when i go higher than 1600x900 resolution my monitor turns into black screen with "input not supported" message. Im using HDMI to VGA converter because my monitor uses vga cable then my gpu doesnt have vga.

*I tried removing my gpu, then i connect the vga from my monitor to the mobo, then i tried this.. And I can go higher than 1600x900 resolutions without the hdmi to vga converter.

May i ask whats the solution to this guys?

Gpu: gtx 1060
Monitor: acer lcd p205h 1600x900 native 60hz

Solution

Then the converter is the culprit...

mangaman

Honorable
That's because your monitor only supports 1600x900 resolution. You can buy a 1080p monitor if you wish to view 1080p content, or use something called supersampling. Nvidia calls this Dynamic Super Resolution. Here is a tutorial video on how to do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isALzFmYjV8. After enabling it, head over to control panel and select the 1920x1080p resolution in the "adjust the screen resolution".

Hope this helps.

Phil220823

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016

I still can't dude, I've also tried adjusting the resolution in the advance display settings.. but the input not supported still pops up. I tried connecting vga to vga and it works, but with the converter i can't, maybe there's a problem with the converter?

mangaman

Honorable

Then the converter is the culprit. Either it only supports 900p and below, only does 900p or does not support resolution scaling at all. I would most likely recommend a better converter for a VGA to HDMI. The "VicTsing VGA To HDMI Output 1080P" and "VicTsing Gold-Plated 1080P" both support 1080p and are on amazon for less than $20. Maybe something you should look into.

Solution