HDMI to VGA converter problem

kapitana0

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
Hello everyone. As the title says I am experiencing problems with HDMI to VGA convertors. Anyway ... the convertors I am using are DeTech HDMI ti VGA+YPBPR and a normal HDMI to VGA converter with specs:

Color: Black
Length: Approx. 23.5cm
Power Input: No need extra Power, Power supply from HDMI Power.
It supports full-size high-definition resolution of 720p or 1080p.
Suitable for All HDMI input device (like PC, DVD, PS3, Xbox360, etc ) and VGA output device (like monitor, projectors, etc).
Specifications:
Product Type: HDMI Male to VGA RGB Female Converter adapter.
HDMI input: the HDMI input interface.
VGA output: VGA signal output interface.

Okay ... so the DeTech convertor is brand new ... and it used to work before I changed my motherboard ... but now it does not. While the normal hdmi to vga converter without any power supply cables works ... but only to a small resolution ... if I change the resilution to more than 1024x800 it does not work ... soo .. that's about everything I can say ... ohh and I am using amd rx 480 .... maybe that is important ... and my monitor is lg flatron e2211 ... if anyone knows a way to fix it ... pls share .. thnx in advance.

Solution

kapitana0

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
EDIT: I tested changing the resolution in safe mode and I do not have any problems then ... only when the computer starts normally I get black screen and sometimes white screen pops up ... maybe it's drivers problem ?

cant say I try to buy hardware that's compatible and runs native with my stuff I use maybe should of just bought a card that has dvi-I and native analog support off it instead a crazy converter to hope to make things work

buy stuff that fully supports you and all your needs not you now having to try to support it at your added cost

also I see that the monitor has dvi-d on it what not just use a dvi-d from the card to dvi-d to monitor cable ??

http://www.game-debate.com/monitor/index.php?mon_id=1842&

if not then your jacking arouind trying to get that to work or you go buy a new monitor that supported fully woith that card use ??? $$$

this is why I got a 900 series from NVidia with it your supported native with the new 10 series and most all AMD your not [digital only]

bailojustin

Distinguished
Please make sure you have an "ACTIVE" adapter, VGA typically requires more power than the newer connections and it needs a ""ACTIVE"" adapter in order to change the DIGITAL HDMI signal to a ANALOG VGA signal.

Vga is Analog
HDMI is Digital

kapitana0

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
My monitor does not support any kind of dvi only vga .... as for the active and passive things ... I already told you that I tried using both ... anyway after deleting the video drivers god knows why ... the computer started up ... and now it works fine ... but probably after installing them I will get the same shit

no telling AMD may of fixed something to insure no one uses any older monitors seems to be the trend to get you off all your good old stuff and force you to buy there new junk

like I said why I went NVidia and the 900 series that's the last of them Mohicans still supports all my CRT vga monitors and OS's right down to win-xp

not me trash canning my good old stuff like with these latest cards and well, pretty much anything ''new'' today

so many guys have old stuff and upgrade like you to a new card like a 10 series or AMD and after the fact see there now spending more to support THEM cause ther good old stuff don't work with any of it , back to newegg $$$$

kapitana0

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
XD ... after uninstalling the amd drivers ... in display settings it is written that I am using microsoft basic display driver ... wtf am i supposed to do ??? ... installing amd drivers ... means black screen ... not installing amd drivers means ... no graphics card ??? maybe?

cant say out side of maybe should of looked at all this before you bought that card that don't support you and your needs ???? now a days you got to look everything over and read between the lines on specs and all

like i said reason I got a NVidia 900 series card it works with all my stuff out of the box plug and play not 1/2 butt or just don't or no longer supported

I guess try another active adaptor sr71 black bird recommended this one from here

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3319424/dvi-vga-gtx-1050-problem.html

thing is you now at its mercy getting things to work properly

like I tell folks '' upgrading today hurts me far more then it helps '' and you got to nit pic every thin you want to use of you easy end up like this here with you . I aint got time for that

[dvi-d to vga active ]
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=DVI-D+to+VGA+Active+Adapter+

[hdmi to vga active ]
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hdmi+to+VGA+Active+Adapter&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ahdmi+to+VGA+Active+Adapter

displayport to vga active ]
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=display+port+to+VGA+Active+Adapter&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Adisplay+port+to+VGA+Active+Adapter

should be something from all that you can get ????

Solution