[SOLVED] HDMI TO VGA converter with LG Monitor does not send 1366x768 60 Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eikonikos Eikon

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2013
Hi Guys, I have a Monitor LG 19EN33. with one VGA port, and native resolution is 1366x768 60Hz. On PC there is a DVI port and I use DVI to HDMI, then I use HDMI to VGA converter to connect from PC to the monitor. The problem is that NVIDIA resolution works only at 1360x768 60 Hz . When I select 1366x768 60 Hz, the monitor message says " out of range". Another problem is that nvidia sees my Monitor not as LG 19EN33 but it sees it as Digital Display with native resolution 1024x768. How to set resolution in 1366x768 and be accepted by monitor?

Solution
Ok guys problem solved. I used a different type of HDMI to VGA adapter and it recognized immediately the native resolution 1966 x 768 and also it found out that my monitor is LG without any settings from user.

Eikonikos Eikon

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2013
Hi rgd1101 ! Thank you for your answer! The reason I use an Hdmi to VGA adapter, is because I get the HDMI signal out from PC. The HDMI singnal is convenient and more useful, because it can be sent to vga monior or to some other devices which have an HDMI input ,such as projectors, other hdmi monitors, etc.
-------------
My initial question is still the same. Is there any way to solve the problem I have with my LG 19EN33 monitor? Another issue I face is that sometimes I see picture noise, I mean some transparet waves moving in a layer above the picture. Is there any solution for this, too?

Eikonikos Eikon

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2013
-----It is very odd that a computer or video card only has a DVI port---.
Dear hang-the-9. Thank you very mucn for your answer. My video card has many ports but I wish to use the specific dvi port. I have converted it to HDMI port.
Now I wish to use other devices and connect them into this HDMI port.
I believe that my adpter hdmi to vga is very cheap and this might causes the problem of the wrong resolution. Do you think that if I buy a more expensive adapter HDMI to VGA will it recognize my LG Monitor and send picture in its native resolution?
Thank you.

Dear hang-the-9. Thank you very mucn for your answer. My video card has many ports but I wish to use the specific dvi port. I have converted it to HDMI port.
Now I wish to use other devices and connect them into this HDMI port.
I believe that my adpter hdmi to vga is very cheap and this might causes the problem of the wrong resolution. Do you think that if I buy a more expensive adapter HDMI to VGA will it recognize my LG Monitor and send picture in its native resolution?
Thank you.

You are also using two adapters, first from DVI to HDMI then HDMI to VGA. Unless you have things backwards. Why do you want to use DVI here? Still need some details about the system and exactly what cables you are using. HDMI to VGA is not the same as VGA to HDMI.

What exactly do you have and what exactly are you trying to use with it?

Eikonikos Eikon

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2013
Dear hang the 9, I am using this DVI port because I need to connect some devices there. The first device is a VGA monitor. The second device is an HDMI monitor. The third device is a projector which has an HDMI input.
Of course I could use any other port, but I prefer to use the specific DVI port. I don't wish to use any other port for those three devices. I converted it from DVI to HDMI with an adapter. I connect an HDMI cable to this port and on the other end of the HDMI cable I connect HDMI to VGA adapter. This is a correct adapter which converts signal from HDMI to VGA and not the other way. let's stay focus at VGA monitor. It is LG with native resolution 1366x768. I want to make it work in its native resolution but it doesn't allow.

Last edited:
Dear hang the 9, I am using this DVI port because I need to connect some devices there. The first device is a VGA monitor. The second device is an HDMI monitor. The third device is a projector which has an HDMI input.
Of course I could use any other port, but I prefer to use the specific DVI port. I don't wish to use any other port for those three devices. I converted it from DVI to HDMI with an adapter. I connect an HDMI cable to this port and on the other end of the HDMI cable I connect HDMI to VGA adapter. This is a correct adapter which converts signal from HDMI to VGA and not the other way. let's stay focus at VGA monitor. It is LG with native resolution 1366x768. I want to make it work in its native resolution but it doesn't allow.

Try a DVI to VGA adapter (you will need to know if your card is DVI D or I) without the extra HDMI adapter in the way.

I can use DVI to VGA. However, If I use DVI to VGA I will connect only a VGA monitor but I also want to connect an HDMI projector that is why I want to use HDMI.

Yes but all those adapter cables get in the way of seeing why the resolution is not detected properly. You can't trouble shoot with a lot of variables, you need to start removing some. If you have an issue with all the adapters, get rid of them. If the issue is fixed, you know what is happening.

Eikonikos Eikon

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2013
Ok guys problem solved. I used a different type of HDMI to VGA adapter and it recognized immediately the native resolution 1966 x 768 and also it found out that my monitor is LG without any settings from user.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.