Question HDMI to VGA vs HDMI

NatanTajak

Commendable
Mar 29, 2020
I have a pc which is connected through a HDMI to VGA cable to monitor, as my monitor doesn't have HDMI.
It displays at 1920x1080 60hz.
Just wondering,
Would buying a monitor that supports HDMI help the quality? Or would it stay the same?

kanewolf

Titan
I have a pc which is connected through a HDMI to VGA cable to monitor, as my monitor doesn't have HDMI.
It displays at 1920x1080 60hz.
Just wondering,
Would buying a monitor that supports HDMI help the quality? Or would it stay the same?
Usually the quality of text improves. The two conversions that have to happen -- digital in the PC to analog on the VGA port back to digital in the monitor hurt the sharpness of text.
Does your monitor have a DVI port? HDMI to DVI is a better conversion because it stays all digital.

NatanTajak

Commendable
Mar 29, 2020
Usually the quality of text improves. The two conversions that have to happen -- digital in the PC to analog on the VGA port back to digital in the monitor hurt the sharpness of text.
Does your monitor have a DVI port? HDMI to DVI is a better conversion because it stays all digital.
No it unfortunately doesn't. I did hear about the DVI being a better choice though. Thank You for replying!