HDMI to VGA

pakitomkitom

Honorable
Jun 12, 2017
So I have a monitor that only supports VGA, and a video card with no VGA port. The native resolution of the monitor is 1366x768. Is the performance affected when using a HDMI to VGA adapter? Specifically the FPS in games? Thanks.

Solution
Resolution is the only factor not the connection type. Think you've gone about your investigation to your problem a bit skewed :)

With a gpu like a 1060 should really be playing at 1080p otherwise cpu can be a bottleneck.

It's difficult to trust and compare videos to your own pc because there are so many variables to consider. Such as Windows version and associated features like Game Bar or Nvidia Geforce Experience can have an negative effect. Other things that can affect performance as well are too many background running processes, chipset/gpu drivers, power plans, quality settings both in gpu 3d management and game. So unless you know for sure everything is exactly the same software wise, in and around Windows, videos can be...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Signal converters don't compromise performance. To convert digital to analogue use an active adapter that uses additional power to convert.

What does have an effect on performance is cpu, gpu, memory and display resolution.

pakitomkitom

Honorable
Jun 12, 2017
So I reckon it's my monitor then? It's actually a discontinued Acer S191hql. I saw videos of people having the same components as mine (g4560 + gtx 1060) but mine has a lower performance compared to theirs.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Resolution is the only factor not the connection type. Think you've gone about your investigation to your problem a bit skewed :)

With a gpu like a 1060 should really be playing at 1080p otherwise cpu can be a bottleneck.

It's difficult to trust and compare videos to your own pc because there are so many variables to consider. Such as Windows version and associated features like Game Bar or Nvidia Geforce Experience can have an negative effect. Other things that can affect performance as well are too many background running processes, chipset/gpu drivers, power plans, quality settings both in gpu 3d management and game. So unless you know for sure everything is exactly the same software wise, in and around Windows, videos can be misleading.

Solution