[SOLVED] HDMI tv ports 4k/1440p 60hz problem

Guts28

Honorable
Oct 31, 2015
dunno really how to say it in the title... basically I have 3 hdmi ports in my UHDTV and only one hdmi cable works fully (which is short) in ONE hdmi port (port 1) so heres whats up:
My issue is that only 1 port works 4k 60hz and every res at 60hz (port1) port 2 and 3 only 4k 60hz rest of resolutions are locked to 30hz (no idea why) to top it off I tested different cables and this keeps on happening only port 1 works fully well as it suppose to.

When I try to use a 10meters cable in port 1 it doesn't work at 4k native only at 1080p native BUT at port 2 and 3 works fine at 4k native but yet again I have the issue where only can run 60hz at 4k and every single other res it's locked at 30hz. I tried creating custom at nvidia control panel but it wont let me it says it's only supported 30hz anything above that screen stays black.

I do not understand what is happening here... I need to use the 10meters cable and I thought it wouldn't work cos of it's length but it runs in port 2 and 3 fine at 4k UGH I hope I'm making some sense here cos sure as hell I barely undestand the issue myself lmao ANYWAY any ideas?

(I also tried to use a display port adapter in my graphics card but that makes it 1080p native and can only stretch to 4k if that makes any sense.. I do notice the difference when the tv is at 1080p native and 4k native even if I put 4k at 1080p native I can tell right away the image quality changed)

TV: Samsung UHD4k serie 6
Gracphics card: gtx 1080

Solution
Not sure about the cables, I have a gtx 1080 gigabyte g1 (x1 dvi, x3 DP 1.4, x1 hdmi) Tv it's a samsung UHD4k serie 6 like I already mention, not sure about the exact model number but is a 40 inch led display.

Tomorrow ill go buy a brand new cable of 10m that suppose to be 4k 100% (or so it says the box) I will try with that one and comeback here to tell how it went.

Thanks a lot for the concern! :D

https://en.tab-tv.com/?page_id=7898

Refer to this to understand what your TV supports. Your HDMI port on the GPU is compatible with 4k@60Hz so that should not be the issue but I can't seem to find anything about your TV and what level ports the HDMI are, but they must be 2.0 as well to reach 60Hz.

Guts28

Honorable
Oct 31, 2015

Not sure about the cables, I have a gtx 1080 gigabyte g1 (x1 dvi, x3 DP 1.4, x1 hdmi) Tv it's a samsung UHD4k serie 6 like I already mention, not sure about the exact model number but is a 40 inch led display.

Tomorrow ill go buy a brand new cable of 10m that suppose to be 4k 100% (or so it says the box) I will try with that one and comeback here to tell how it went.

https://en.tab-tv.com/?page_id=7898

Refer to this to understand what your TV supports. Your HDMI port on the GPU is compatible with 4k@60Hz so that should not be the issue but I can't seem to find anything about your TV and what level ports the HDMI are, but they must be 2.0 as well to reach 60Hz.

Solution

Guts28

Honorable
Oct 31, 2015
I know that's the weird part of all this... every hdmi port in the tv supports 4k 60hz but only port 1 supports EVERY resolution at 60h, port 2 and 3 only 4k... if I put any other resolution outside 4k it's locked to 30hz.
The labels say nothing helpful really:
F6VbKxT.jpg

ill go buy the new cable later today and hopefully that will solve the issue either way ill comeback here to tell you how it went. Thanks again!