Question HDMI-VGA adapter not working

azc3es

Reputable
Dec 16, 2016
I bought a PC but still use old monitor because I cannot afford new one at the moment. I bought a cheap HDMI-VGA adapter, it worked well for a long time then it died. I went and bought another one, I plugged it in and it worked. I woke up the next morning and it stopped working, black screen, no signal. The next morning it started working again but after I unplugged the cable it stopped working again. The power is supplied by the HDMI port, I am using GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card. I know that these graphic cards have settings that start the fans after a certain temperautre is exceeded to save energy. So, maybe the problem is with the power output that the graphics card provide when it is not under a heavy load? I really have no idea so maybe someone can help me.

azc3es

Reputable
Dec 16, 2016
Only real fix is a new monitor with the right connection.
Today I went and bought new AOC monitor. After plugging it in it works for a moment then displays no signal and goes black. The computer works with my TV via HDMI cable without any problems. All the ports on my PC are working. It happens with DisplayPort and HDMI. The cables are also working. Any ideas?