• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

HDMI Video and Audio Problem

Nutrybe

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Hi all!

I just finished putting together my HTPC (see below for specs if needed) and I'm having a problem with my HDMI audio connection to my 40" Samsung 720p flatscreen t.v. I do NOT have cable television and only get the digital over the air stations. I have my HTPC hooked up to the t.v. under HDMI1 and our Xbox 360 under HDMI2. What happens is while I'm on my PC playing a game or watching Netflix or whatever and I switch over to basic digital t.v. to check something and switch back to the PC, I lose audio. The only thing I can do to fix it is restart the PC or unplug the HDMI cable from the t.v. and plug it back in. Is there a work around that doesn't involve a boat load of money or is there a setting I'm not aware of? Here is what I got:

Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35
CPU: AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz
RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
HDD: Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
BRDVD: ASUS Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM 8MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS

Please help!!!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS