HDMI Works before Windows 7 Log On Screen, but "No Signal" once hits log on scre

skj88

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
I am having an issue of HDMI working during PC boot, but TV loses signal just before Windows 7 log in screen comes up (TV shows "No Signal" at this point). If I use VGA to connect PC to TV, everything works fine.

My system is:

Vizio M260MV TV
Asus P7H55-M Pro
Intel Core i3 530 2.93 GHz
Kingston ValueRam 2 x 2GB 1333 MHz

One thing I noticed is that Windows 7 device manager sees my TV as a "Generic PNP Monitor". I have no idea if this is connected to my issue or not. The Intel website says my drivers are up to date when I run their update utility. The Intel Graphics utility on my PC sees my TV as a monitor, not as a TV, but it does list the correct model # (M260MV).

I've tried connecting both the TV with HDMI and a PC Monitor with the VGA cable and the computer would only detect the PC monitor with the VGA cable.

I have read on an Intel site that others with the Core i3 CPU had similar problems so this may be a CPU/CPU driver issue, but as I said, the Intel Update Utility says my drivers are up to date.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Steve

skj88

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
It seems that I have solved my problem. Even though the Intel Update Utility was saying my drivers were up to date, I reinstalled the graphics driver using the update from 4-13-11. With the update, everything is working fine. I hope this information helps someone that has a similar issue in the future.

Steve