HDMI works but Display Port doesnt

Feb 6, 2019
Hello everyone I have just bought a GTX 1080 and installed it today (note its a used one I bought it off someone). Here is where things get weird...

When I installed the card, i plugged in my display port, cool everything was fine... I got a picture no problems. As I loaded up the PC I noticed my 240hz display was only showing 60hz so I tried to go into my GeForce Experience where I brought to a message saying I do not have a nvidia Graphics card connected. I thought no problem a restart should do the trick. So i restarted the computer and to my suprise I could not get a picture to come through the display port. As soon as I plug in my hdmi tho, everything is fine. Thats how I am even able to type this up right now.

Things I have tried
-Display port firmware update
-Nvidia driver updates
-Unplugging monitors power waiting 5 mins replug try again (multiple times)
-I took out the card and put it back in
-I was going to try DDU but I dont know my windows key stuff so I am afraid to do that.

While doing research on the card (ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Mini) I saw that the connections of the ports explains that the ports are DisplayPorts 1.4. I am not too sure what version of the display port I have as it came with my monitor. Note it worked on 1070 fine... So thats about the final straw i could think up of is buying a 1.4 display port and hope it works. Im guessing this is more than a software issue and is a hardware issue..

I just can't understand why it "sorta" worked on my very first initial boot. Please help I am stuck and exhausted :(

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
DDU has nothing to do with windows key.
I think you are under the impression that it is the same as reinstalling Windows and it is not.

DDU simply stands for Display Driver Uninstaller and it is better at fully uninstalling drivers than windows is through device manager.

Feb 6, 2019

Yes I wonder under that impression, thank you for clearing that up. Could this be a possible fix?