[SOLVED] HDR looks bad all over. Except when running games & watching HDR content

Karan Yelve

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016
Hi there, I recently enabled HDR on Windows 11 beta to try it out. It works flawlessly in games and HDR made content but when I use it normally to traverse my desktop it looks terrible. The explorer, desktop background. It seems to have a yellow hue or greenish tint of sorts. I understand SDR content looks terrible on HDR but why does windows look so bad. Am I missing a setting or has windows not fully implemented this feature yet?

Solution
Hi there, I recently enabled HDR on Windows 11 beta to try it out. It works flawlessly in games and HDR made content but when I use it normally to traverse my desktop it looks terrible. The explorer, desktop background. It seems to have a yellow hue or greenish tint of sorts. I understand SDR content looks terrible on HDR but why does windows look so bad. Am I missing a setting or has windows not fully implemented this feature yet?
Windows 11 is still very new, there is bound to be some glitches. You could send Microsoft an feedback about your problem, with your specs.

You could also post your specs here to see if anyone has a similar issue with similar hardware setups.

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Windows 11 is still very new, there is bound to be some glitches. You could send Microsoft an feedback about your problem, with your specs.

You could also post your specs here to see if anyone has a similar issue with similar hardware setups.

Reactions: Jay_34
Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
WIn 11 beta has extra diagnostics that may report that problem back to them anyway. I had a problem on the original build (22000) but it was fixed by a Cumulative patch later in week so Win 11 likely to be a moving target for a few months until they ready to release it in October (educated guess)

Reactions: chaoyang