[SOLVED] HDR not working with iGPU ?

rprathin

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012
Recently i had removed my GPU which was gtx 1660 super and switched back to the intel uhd 630 iGPU. After this change HDR is disabled, everything is appearing washed out and blacks are not good. On settings page it says HDR not supported. I am on Windows 11

I am using dvi to dvi cable as my monitor does not have hdmi port, if i connect hdmi to dvi then i face video stuttering problem.

My current specs
Msi b360m pro vdh mobo with i3-8100 cpu.
My monitor is Dell s2240M.

All drivers are up to date

rprathin

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012

rprathin

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012
No, the DVI output on the motherboard don't support Dual Link DVI.

Why did you remove the 1660 Super?
As i don't play games anymore the last time played was somewhere in October 2020 and i was getting a very good offer from my friend for the same.

One thing i am not able to understand though is that with 1660 super the colors were great and i was using HDMI to DVI-D (dual link cable) as my monitor does not have HDMI or Display Port only VGA and DVI-D(single link). Is there any way my GPU or the Nvidia software was somehow making the colors good, while a intel UHD 630 is not capable like for the same thing ?

Last edited:

rprathin

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012
Update: After lot of fiddling with Intel Graphics command center the colors are better than before but still they are not quite as close to what Nvidia offered , after lot of research on google i found this thread which does say there is difference with card company although it can be due to optimization of software or different color calibration not due to GPU itself. The optimization/calibration is better in dedicated GPU than IGPU.