Question HDTV to Graphic Card

Jul 11, 2019
Hey guys, so i have this Acer M6620g pc ( core i5, 8gb ram, 300watt PSU)running Win 10 pro, I bought a Nvidia GT 710 2 gb graphic card and i cant seem to make it work with the TV. I updated the Bios, disabled IGPU, got a VGA to HDMI cable, re-installed windows, i did pretty much anything but i can’t get any display off the TV. I connect the GPU but when i turn the PC on it just brings the Acer logo beeps i think 3 or 4 times in a 20 sec delay, then boom black screen and thats it i can even go into bios or do anything. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Listen to the beeps carefully (as if morse code). That's usually a diagnostic beep telling us what's wrong.

More generically... what sort of cable did you get precisely? VGA carries an analogue signal, and HDMI is digital. There needs to be an active analogue to digital converter component for it to work.

The other aspect is what are your specs? I'm thinking if the CPU has integrated graphics and the motherboard has a VGA port, then perhaps you could try that way. Though I suppose it does depend why you got a graphics card....