head lights not working

Solution
i assume neither of your headlights work since you don't say, but bulbs dont usually burn out together so check them first before anything else.

Have you had any electrical work or maintenance in your engine bay done recently in your car? sometimes when doing any work in your engine bay it can be easy to pull on a wire gone unnoticed and this could be a cause of it. you can also make sure that the battery terminals are fastened tightly to the battery posts. its not uncommon for the terminals to become loose over time

Most headlight failures are caused by a bad fuse, relay or module. like stdragon said, check your relays and fuses in the fuse box under the hood. look for any corrosion that may be on the pins. if your car uses a relay...

rreyes0051

Commendable
May 15, 2018
i assume neither of your headlights work since you don't say, but bulbs dont usually burn out together so check them first before anything else.

Have you had any electrical work or maintenance in your engine bay done recently in your car? sometimes when doing any work in your engine bay it can be easy to pull on a wire gone unnoticed and this could be a cause of it. you can also make sure that the battery terminals are fastened tightly to the battery posts. its not uncommon for the terminals to become loose over time

Most headlight failures are caused by a bad fuse, relay or module. like stdragon said, check your relays and fuses in the fuse box under the hood. look for any corrosion that may be on the pins. if your car uses a relay, gentle shake it and if anything rattles inside it will need to be replaced and check if that restores power. if its fine then check your fuses in the interior of the car. the interior fuse panel is located right next to the brake pedal.

if your fuses are all good, check to make sure that your headlight bulb is fitted correctly all the way in in the headlight connector. also check for any wires that may be loose on the socket or damage to the socket itself or to the lightbulb.

let me know if any of this works for you. if it doesn't then we might be looking at a bad battery or issue with the alternator

Solution