alirezafixer21

Honorable
Sep 21, 2018
Please help
i bought BeyerDynamic DT 990 pro 250ohm headphone
My pc :
Gigabyte Z170X gaming 7

i used rear 3.5mm for my headphone but i have a problem , When I turn up the volume too much, the bass sound of the headphones distorted
headphone speakers shaking and sound very bad in Higher volume
i think i need a headphone amp or a desktop sound card that fully support 250ohm headphone
I have some problem with this Gigabyte buggy motherboard ( weird onboard sound card problems , you can search it in google )
I'd rather get a good sound card than a headphone amp because of the problems with my motherboard sound card.
Which soundcards (audio interfaces) can easily drive 250ohm headphones? ( for High volume and good bass not for low or medium volume because my motherboard sound great in low volume and medium volume )
I have Korg pa1000 too , if sound card have midi in and out its better
its great if it be under 100$
I prefer it to be under $ 200
Maximum budget is 300$

What do you think about Nobsound headphone amps if i want to buy headphone amp? is it a good brand ?
For example this models :
1) Nobsound HiFi Class A 12AU7 Tube Multi-Hybrid Headphone Amplifier Stereo Pre-Amp
2) Nobsound NS-08E Vacuum Tube Integrated Amplifier Mini Audio HiFi Stereo Headphone Amp

I can not buy every product that you offer because of the cost of shipping to my country
so please offer multiple choices

Sorry for my bad english

alirezafixer21

Honorable
Sep 21, 2018
+
I can't buy Schiit products because they are not available in amazon.ae and schiits official website shipping cost is very high
For example Magni henesy is 99$ but shipping cost is 190$ :|

alirezafixer21

Honorable
Sep 21, 2018
Quite a few bad reviews for the Nobsound stuff, I'd get an FX-Audio DAC 6, cheap tube amps are going to be worse than cheap solid state amps.
I thinking about it too, but im not sure about Fx audio dac x6
Im not sure if it can drive dt 990 pro 250ohm in high volume with excellent bass or not
i saw different specifications in YouTube videos than official website that show lower output power in 300ohm impedance.
Have you ever used fx audio dac x6 ? If i listened to Normal musics ( no heavy bass musics ) I have no problem with my onboard soundcard and it sounds great.
what do you think about Fx audio x6 against my onboard soundcard?? ( my onboard Soundcard have Amplifier and 6x gain for high impedance headphones )

alirezafixer21

Honorable
Sep 21, 2018
You don't need to buy anything. Your motherboard has an integrated headphone amp.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-Z170X-Gaming-7-rev-10#ov

With a DT990 you'll never be able to tell a difference between using the integrated audio and a discreet amp/DAC. What kind of problems are you having?

You can also just get a cheap Asus soundcard. They have amps as well.
Yes i know my motherboard has integrated amp ( set it to 6x gain ) and i haven't any problem with most songs
But
When I want listen to the bass heavy songs with only High volume, the bass going distorted. high and mid frequences are very good in all volumes and when i turn the bass down in EQ there's no more problem , but some of low frequence sounds cause headphone going distorted and when turn volume Higher , headphone speaker start to move and shaking with bad sounds , i think motherboard power is not enough for Bass and it cause problem in low frequences because i read that low frequences and punchy bass need more power than mid or high frequency and my problem is exactly the bass.

alirezafixer21

Honorable
Sep 21, 2018
There are no bad equalizers. I use a flat equalizer and when I said there is no problem when I lower the bass, I meant to reduce the flat mode. When Low frequences reduced i can turn volume Higher. I read that dt990pro is a Vshape headphone with high amount of bass and higher amount of treble. But i cant enjoy of bass or good vibration bass :((
I'm not sure what should I do and im not sure which Amp can help me
Do I really need an amp? Not sure :/

D

Deleted member 217926

The 99 is V shaped but it's still an open back dynamic driver headphone. The bass distorts? Rattles? If so you might have a faulty headphone.

I don't think it's the amp. Got another device you can try them with?

Do you have all the audio enhancements off in Windows and your sound software? All EQ off? You aren't trying to EQ bass into them when it distorts are you?

You aren't going to get sub bass in a 990.

alirezafixer21

Honorable
Sep 21, 2018
The 99 is V shaped but it's still an open back dynamic driver headphone. The bass distorts? Rattles? If so you might have a faulty headphone.

I don't think it's the amp. Got another device you can try them with?

Do you have all the audio enhancements off in Windows and your sound software? All EQ off? You aren't trying to EQ bass into them when it distorts are you?

You aren't going to get sub bass in a 990.
Now I will give you a simple example to understand what the problem is.
For example, a car player and its coaxial speakers,
When you do not use an amplifier for the car player, if you increase the volume, the sound will be distorted which shows itself most in the bass, my problem is exactly the same and the bass is like a car player that does not have power without the amp And the bass makes a bad noise, now you know exactly where the problem is? Of course, sound quality degradation does not occur at all low frequencies, and it does happen in some music, which is annoying. All Windows sound enhacements are off. If I turn off the equalizer, there is no problem with volume 100 in some music, but without EQ I have to set the volume to 70 or 60 in some musics so that the bass does not distorted.
yes when i turn up volume to high , headphone speakers start shaking ( more shaking in left side that directly connect to headphone wire.

D

Deleted member 217926

You almost certainly have a defective headphone. The original pair of HD650s I bought had a rattle in the left side and after closer inspection the piece of foam that covers the driver was torn on that side. I returned them and got a new pair.

250ohm Beyerdynamic headphones are not terribly hard to drive. I have a 1990 Pro and it doesn't do that. More power is not going to fix it. If anything it will make things worse.

alirezafixer21

Honorable
Sep 21, 2018
You almost certainly have a defective headphone. The original pair of HD650s I bought had a rattle in the left side and after closer inspection the piece of foam that covers the driver was torn on that side. I returned them and got a new pair.

250ohm Beyerdynamic headphones are not terribly hard to drive. I have a 1990 Pro and it doesn't do that. More power is not going to fix it. If anything it will make things worse.
i checked it , it is ok and nothing broked or torned

No its not defective , i checked it and nothing borked or torned , If the headphones were broken, there would be a sound problem in all sounds

alirezafixer21

Honorable
Sep 21, 2018
i checked it , it is ok and nothing broked or torned

No its not defective , i checked it and nothing borked or torned , If the headphones were broken, there would be a sound problem in all sounds
If the headphones were defective, there would be a sound problem in all musics. The problem is only in certain heavy bass frequencies and heavy kick bass.

D

Deleted member 217926

No that's not true at all. It could very well have something off that's only obvious with certain low frequencies. My advice is to try it with a different device. If you get the same rattle it's the headphone. I can plug my DT1990s into my cheap midrange Dell laptop from 2015 and get good sound. No it's not the same level as my desktop amp/DAC stack but it's loud and sounds fine. I currently own 8 pair of good to audiophile headphones and none of them rattle under any circumstances or with any sources. And that's just current. I've had a bunch of others and not liked them enough to keep them over the years and had the same results. Only rattle was that defective HD650.

alirezafixer21

Honorable
Sep 21, 2018
I have no problem In normal devices that can't fully power 250ohm
i tested it on another pc
But that pc cant get 250ohm headphone loud and it worked normally with Normal volume without problem
i tested it on Korg Pa1000 keyboard that its suggested impedance is 50ohm and no problem in Low volume , medium volume , high volume but when turn up volume to very high , headphone starts rattle.
On my own system, I did not have a problem with low, medium and high volume, but too much volume will distort the bass sound in the left ear, and if I turn volume upper, this will happen in both ears.