Question Headphone and Speakers setup Advice

Ksteven138

Honorable
Mar 15, 2016
Hi everyone,

I've been investigation everywhere for a decent cheap setup however as I have never experienced good quality sound in my entire life I still have some questions and need some advice.

1. What Open Back headphones do you recommend for gaming and audio in general for less than $200 USD?
I do not want any competitive advantage, I'm more into immersive type of headphones for single player gaming and casual multiplayer, do not need a microphone either as I have one.
What I heard is that HIFIMAN HE400SE and Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm are good choices for my budget but I'm still wondering which is more immersive and maybe if you have any other recommendation.

2. Do I need an Amp and DC? If so, what you recommend for less than $200 USD?
My current board is Aorus Master X570

3. Now part of the setup is a good pair of speakers, PreSonus Eris E4.5 are any good? Any recommendation for less than $200?

PS: I currently have Logitech Z906 however I'm pretending to use them with the TV as home theater and connect them also to the PC for movies.
Be aware I can not expend more than $200 USD per item due to my country regulations and taxes.

Thank you all!

DAC & AMP

I've owned both headphones you listed. Can't really go wrong with either. I still own the 990 Pro. The 400SE sounds better all around including music and movies. The Beyer worked better for gaming as far as sound positioning. IMO