Question Headphone Audio Cutting In and Out

liamd101

Prominent
Dec 27, 2019
Yesterday my headphones basically stopped working. When I'm listening to music, almost half of the time the lyrics will cut out and all I can hear is the rest of the song (it sounds like its coming out of a tin can though). When I watch YouTube videos or I'm in online class, the audio just stops working completely. I've tried unplugging and plugging everything in already, and nothing has worked. It happens in games too: the audio will just stop workign and I won't be able to hear anything at all. My setup is JDS OL Dac, JDS Atom Amp, and AKG k7xx. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I also went through the troubleshooter and the manual for my dac and amp and tried what they said to do, and nothing worked.

Did you check through the whole setup chain to see where the issue is? Plug in the headphones into another source, try your setup on another computer. Those headphones should not need an amp to drive them, your onboard soundcard should work just fine, or a phone/tablet. Did you contact JDS support since it's likely the issue is not with the headphones themselves?

TRENDING THREADS