[SOLVED] Headphone audio sounds dampened/underwater.

May 19, 2020
Hi, all. I'll just get straight to the point.
My headphones (Steel series Arctis 3 Console edition) started to sound dampened, almost as if i had a sheet of cardboard in between the headset and my ears. This has never happened to me before and is most apparent in games that i play. Anyway, after a few days of searching for fixes i got fed up and purchased a new pair of headphones, this time opting for the Razer Kraken X Lite because of the price at the time of purchase being within my budget. However, despite this the audio still sounds the same; but the strange thing is when i used my earbuds this effect goes...
The game that the audio is an issue in is CS:GO, i understand that CSGO has had a lot of issues in the past especially based around audio. However, it is not exclusive to Counter strike and is apparent in games such as Valorant, Overwatch and Minecraft.

Solution
Reset your audio settings to default, turn off any audio enhancements, if you have things set to surround sound set it to 2.0. This only happening in games, music and video sound good?