alirezafixer21

Honorable
Sep 21, 2018
Hello
I want to buy a good headphone for Using with Korg Pa1000 Arranger keyboard and listening to music and some times use for pc gaming.
Maybe in future i use it for recording or mixing musics.
My choices :
Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm or 250ohm
Audio Technica M40X
Beyerdynamic Custom one pro plus
Audio Technica MSR7b
Shure SRH840
Beyerdynamic DT880 32ohm edition or 250ohm

Which one is better in sound quality? ( Listening to music by Mi9 lite and pc , use with korg keyboard , gaming and ... )

Between these headphones ,i want to buy Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm or
Maybe 250ohm
Which headphone is better ?

My PC motherboard : Gigabyte Z170X gaming7

can my motherboard drive 250ohm version ?

i searched it and people said 80ohm version easily drive with new Smartphones and motherboards and no problem with it and you can use it with any device without problem

another one said 250ohm easily drive with gaming motherboards and you can reach to goood sound even with one new smartphone

some people said gaming motherboards can drive headphones up to 600ohm !
can i use 250ohm version with my pc and reach to highest headphone performance ?

sorry for my bad English :(

Solution
Can't say on all the ones you've listed, but have you looked at any Sennheiser equipment? My dad has been working on sound systems for churches for 30+ years. When I asked him a few years back he recommended Sennheiser. I bought a pair for about 20 dollars, they were just an every level studio quality headphones. But I've owned a bunch of different headphones and those are probably some of the best headphones I've ever owned.

I believe these were the ones I had.

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-H...d=1582472441&sprefix=sennheiser+hd+201&sr=8-4

Still have them. I actually replaced the head band on top. I'm actually about to...
250ohm on a smartphone - I don't think so.
the Z170X Gaming 7 actually has a gain switch that amplifies the signal. so the up to 100Ohm shouldn't be a problem. Don't know if it's actually strong enough to drive 250Ohm headphones, but I'd suspect so since when I had the same board I always had some static noise on my 25(?)Ohm Sennheisers even without the amp gain, so you might wanna go for the 80Ohm ones at least. driving 250 Ohm headphones with your phone might be a bit much to ask. you usually want an AMP for that, unless you're using it in a very quiet environment.

next question you have to ask yourself is whether you want closed back headphones (Audio Technica MSR7b, M40X; beyerdynamics DT770, SRH840), or open back (DT880)

I'm not too much of a fan of the AT M40X, for my taste they got too little sound stage.
can't really go wrong with any of the Beyerdynamics. The Shure SHR840 are actually a nice pair of cans as well.
the DT770/DT880 have the downside that they don't have a detachable cable. The others do. For me that's a killer feature since I'm always destroying my cables, you might be different.

in the end it's also a matter of price.

alirezafixer21

Honorable
Sep 21, 2018
250ohm on a smartphone - I don't think so.
the Z170X Gaming 7 actually has a gain switch that amplifies the signal. so the up to 100Ohm shouldn't be a problem. Don't know if it's actually strong enough to drive 250Ohm headphones, but I'd suspect so since when I had the same board I always had some static noise on my 25(?)Ohm Sennheisers even without the amp gain, so you might wanna go for the 80Ohm ones at least. driving 250 Ohm headphones with your phone might be a bit much to ask. you usually want an AMP for that, unless you're using it in a very quiet environment.

next question you have to ask yourself is whether you want closed back headphones (Audio Technica MSR7b, M40X; beyerdynamics DT770, SRH840), or open back (DT880)

I'm not too much of a fan of the AT M40X, for my taste they got too little sound stage.
can't really go wrong with any of the Beyerdynamics. The Shure SHR840 are actually a nice pair of cans as well.
the DT770/DT880 have the downside that they don't have a detachable cable. The others do. For me that's a killer feature since I'm always destroying my cables, you might be different.

in the end it's also a matter of price.
Headphones Price in our country :
DT770 pro = DT880 = ShureSRH840
MSR7b a little cheaper
M40Xprice is 50% lower than Beyerdynamics
I think best choice is DT770pro 80ohm
is there a headphone Exist that Better than DT770 pro ? ( In the same price range )

alirezafixer21

Honorable
Sep 21, 2018
stick with 1 thread
Hello
I want to buy a good headphone for Using with Korg Pa1000 Arranger keyboard and listening to music and some times use for pc gaming.
Maybe in future i use it for recording or mixing musics.
My choices :
Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm or 250ohm
Audio Technica M40X
Beyerdynamic Custom one pro plus
Audio Technica MSR7b
Shure SRH840
Beyerdynamic DT880

Which one is better in sound quality? ( Listening to music by Mi9 lite and pc , use with korg pa1000 keyboard , gaming and ... )

Between these headphones ,i want to buy Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm or
Maybe 250ohm

Which headphone is better ?

My PC motherboard : Gigabyte Z170X gaming7

can my motherboard drive 250ohm version ?

i searched it and people said 80ohm version easily drive with new Smartphones and motherboards and no problem with it and you can use it with any device without problem

another one said 250ohm easily drive with gaming motherboards and you can reach to goood sound even with one new smartphone

some people said gaming motherboards can drive headphones up to 600ohm !
can i use 250ohm version with my pc and reach to highest headphone performance ?

I don't want to buy DAC or AMP

Dt770pro=dt880=srh840
Msr7b a little cheaper
M40x 50% lower

I found a weird Gaming headset that RTings.com website Said it have great sound !

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/t...-siberia-200/296/508?usage=9287&threshold=0.1

According to this link , siberia 200 sound like M40x with better soundstage !!

Is it true or not ? Very weird Scores
What do you think about this headset ?!
I our country Siberia 200 even is cheaper than m40x !

Dt770 pro = Dt880 = dt990 = shure srh840 about 242$
M40x about 100$
Siberia 200 about 80$

sorry for my bad English :(

DT770 pro = DT880 = ShureSRH840
MSR7b a little cheaper
M40Xprice is 50% lower than Beyerdynamics
I think best choice is DT770pro 80ohm
is there a headphone Exist that Better than DT770 pro ? ( In the same price range )

the Shure aren't a bad set of cans. they are actually quite good.
if the fixed cable on the DT770Pro isn't bothering you, they're pretty neat.
I think you'll be satisfied.

Can't say on all the ones you've listed, but have you looked at any Sennheiser equipment? My dad has been working on sound systems for churches for 30+ years. When I asked him a few years back he recommended Sennheiser. I bought a pair for about 20 dollars, they were just an every level studio quality headphones. But I've owned a bunch of different headphones and those are probably some of the best headphones I've ever owned.

I believe these were the ones I had.

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-H...d=1582472441&sprefix=sennheiser+hd+201&sr=8-4

Still have them. I actually replaced the head band on top. I'm actually about to gift them back to dad though. The Church they go to now is a smaller Church and just got some newer sound equipment. I have a Logitech headset now for gaming that work ok. So I figure let the Church have the Sennheiser headphones and they can get some good use out of them.

But I as I recall, the Sennheiser headphones are flat, and don't introduce effects into your sound. So they were a very accurate sounding headphone set with a clean sound.

Solution