Headphone jack(front) not working when NVIDIA GR drivers installed

PakHawk

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016
I just upgraded to windows 10 and installed my new Gigabyte 1050 ti
When i installed the new Gameready drivers the audio stopped.The headphones or internal speakers of PC are not showing in the "playback devices" of Sound settings.Here's a screenshot:
http://imgur.com/LOYY6ob
I have an LCD display that only has a VGA port, so I am using a VGA-to-HDMI Active converter.
PC Specs:
Motherboard: HP 0AA0h
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad q9450 2.66 GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR2 800 MHz
Windows 10 Pro

Solution
so when you go to "device manager" under " Sound. video and game controller, you don't have a sound interface showing ?
see picture below
fWpEzXQ.png

I get that every time I forget to install new Nvidia drivers and omit the HDMI part of it,. goto your sound icon on bottom of toolbar, right click select playback devices right click NVidia hdhi and disable it and select your headphone and set them as default, should solve your issue.

I omit NVidia hdmi driver because each update takes over the configuration of my system, a real pain (do not use quick install but custom)

PakHawk

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016

Please see the screenshot.The headphones are not showing up in the "Playback Devices" list.How can I enable them?

PakHawk

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016

I don't have a specific sound card.
Moreover, I took out the 1050ti and reinstalled my previous graphics card (8600 gt).It didn't work.
I installed windows 8.1 again, nothing happened to audio.
I installed legacy drivers as some website suggested, and installed the older graphics drivers for my old card. The sound started working, the headphones and front speaker both worked, I checked.
Then I took out the old card and reinstalled the new 1050ti and the audio was gone again.
Please note I am using a VGA-to-HDMI active converter as my LCD only has VGA.
I installed the new Gameready drivers and the realtek drivers, the audio sign came back but it is projecting audio out of the HDMI, and the speaker or headphone is not showing up in "Playback Devices".
No audio still. Please help, I think it is the HDMI that is stopping audio to speakers and headphones, but I don't know why the PC cant detect them.

PakHawk

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016

Thank you, but I found out what was wrong. I went in the boot setup when I turned it on thinking I'll try windows 7, and I turned on "Integrated Audio" which was disabled before.I had never enabled it before, as this is my first time using HDMI.And the speakers started showing in the "Playback Devices" of sounds settings.I just had to set them as default then.Now the headphones and speakers all work fine. :D
Thanks anyway! :)

TRENDING THREADS