Question Headphone jack no sound

Dino Hatemić

Reputable
Dec 10, 2019
I can't hear a single sound on Windows, only the same static sound every couple of second, which is consistent. It worked before. Tried the headphones on my phone, I can hear any sound, so the headphones are not the problem. Tried uninstalling and updating drivers both for my RX 580 and audio on device manager, problem still persists, is the headphone jack dead? I recently upgraded to RX 580 couple of days ago and the new PSU (from XFX TS 550W to Seasonic S12 II 520W, had the XFX for 5 years) also, upgraded from GTX 960 2GB to RX 58 8GB

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your headphones? We will need more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Your GPU only outputs sound through the display port and HDMI so that is not what the audio issue is tied to. Have you checked and seen what the default audio device in Sound Manager is? Also, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

FYI, you are short in terms of power for your GPU. You should've gone for a 650W reliably built unit if you planned to go for the RX580.

Dino Hatemić

Reputable
Dec 10, 2019
Make and model of your headphones? We will need more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Your GPU only outputs sound through the display port and HDMI so that is not what the audio issue is tied to. Have you checked and seen what the default audio device in Sound Manager is? Also, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

FYI, you are short in terms of power for your GPU. You should've gone for a 650W reliably built unit if you planned to go for the RX580.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz (Stock cooler)
MOB: ASRock B450M-HDV
RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz (XMP Profile 2.0)
SSD/HDD: Patriot Blaze 120GB (OS), AMD Radeon R3 240GB (Files), Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200rpm 64MB Cache
GPU: ASRock RX 580 Phantom Gaming D 8GB GDDR5
PSU: Seasonic S12 II 520W 80+ Bronze
Chassis: MS Voyager

My earphones are Shure SE215 in-ear monitor, the PSU is more than enogh and recommended by lots of people on forums, total system draw is 300 and something watts.

Last edited: