Question Headphone Jack on AOC monitor not working anymore ?

Sep 8, 2021
I recently brought the AOC CQ32G2E.

For the first couple of weeks sound was fine, until one day I turned on my PC and there was no sound coming out of the speakers (connected to headphone jack on monitor).
I have reinstalled drivers, made sure it all was fine, but I can only get sound through the audio port on my actual tower, not my monitor now. This has been an issue for days.

I have tested headphones on the monitor port but I've had no luck. I have also tested the speakers on a different machine and they work fine.
The output is 'Realtek digital output'. This I thought was odd since I believe it used to be called Realtek HD Audio or something similar.
In sound settings when testing the output it shows it is playing, but nothing can be heard.

I'm also currently running the release preview of windows 11, could there be some issue with a recent update I installed?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

currently running the release preview of windows 11
As if the audio issue with Realtek wasn't bad enough on Windows 10 to troubleshoot, you went onto the pre release of Windows 11. Sigh.

Anyways, what is the make and model of your motherboard? How are you tethered to the GPU, HDMI or DisplayPort? In either case, check to see if the audio options show you anything over HDMI and set that to default in Sound Manager.

As an added measure, I'd advise to make sure that your BIOS is on the latest version. Please don't jump to the latest if you have a number of updates pending for BIOS.