[SOLVED] Headphone making low jerk sound on left side

Pradeep_26

Reputable
Jun 19, 2016
I've been facing low jerk ( like cdplayer playing ) sound on left side of the headphone. I thought my headphone had a problem so I bought a new one but the problem is still there.

Then I put the headphone jacks to back panel on the PC ( before it was in front ) still no solution.

The scratch sound do not buzz all the time, like it comes on back in 5 secs, sometime frequent or sometime in 2 mins.
I feel em usually after a heavy game like DOTA 2 for 2 hours or more.

Please help.

Solution
Clean the PC first and test.

If the noise remains then the problem may not be hardware.

Look in Task Manager > Startup to see what all is being launched at startup. If you do not recognize something that is being launched then google to see what you can learn about that app or process. Do not blindly delete it or uninstall anything.

However, you can disable something recognized that you do not want to be launching at startup.

Likewise you can disable any named items that you do not recognize.

Is Steam being launched at startup?

If so, before launching Steam and playing DOTA2, disable Steam from Startup and reboot. Do you still hear the noise?

Next step would be to reinstall Steam. The current installation may be buggy...

Pradeep_26

Reputable
Jun 19, 2016
Can you explain more about or otherwise describe the meaning of "low jerk"?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What video/audio apps are you using when the "jerk" occurs?

"low Jerk or low scratchy" sound like "low" I mean because I hear it like it's far away only buzz in my left headphone panel. The sound I cannot really explain like its that sound when a CD player cannot read the CD properly, then we hear the sound like "zzz, aaahha, chzzzii" like that? but low.

I only hear it after a long 2 hours DOTA 2 gaming( on Steam servers ). After I close DOTA 2 and Steam, the sound still remains.
I'm not playing anything, no apps or audio software.

Again, the buzz only occurs after I play some game. If I turn on my PC and watch whole movie, its fine but after I play my games, then the problem occurs.

SPECS :

PROCESSOR : Intel core i7-6700
MEMORY : 16GB RAM
DISPLAY : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960
MONITOR : BenQ GW2270

Ralston18

Titan
My immediate thought is that the noise problem is heat related.

2 hours of gaming is likely to heat things up and some component or connection is being negatively impacted.

What PSU is installed: make, model, wattage, age condition?

Some immediate things you can do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris. Verify that all vents are clear of dust to improve airflows and thus keep the system somewhat cooler.

Reseat all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers to ensure all are fully and firmly in place.

Check cable routings and ensure that all audio plugs, such as headphones, are securely and squarely connected in the applicable audio ports. Look at the plugs and in the ports for signs of damage or debris. Gently wiggle the audio plugs and jacks to determine if the buzz changes or stops.

May be that the source of the problem is a specific component on the motherboard, an audio card, or GPU. That will be more difficult to troubleshoot.

Pradeep_26

Reputable
Jun 19, 2016
My immediate thought is that the noise problem is heat related.

2 hours of gaming is likely to heat things up and some component or connection is being negatively impacted.

What PSU is installed: make, model, wattage, age condition?

Some immediate things you can do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris. Verify that all vents are clear of dust to improve airflows and thus keep the system somewhat cooler.

Reseat all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers to ensure all are fully and firmly in place.

Check cable routings and ensure that all audio plugs, such as headphones, are securely and squarely connected in the applicable audio ports. Look at the plugs and in the ports for signs of damage or debris. Gently wiggle the audio plugs and jacks to determine if the buzz changes or stops.

May be that the source of the problem is a specific component on the motherboard, an audio card, or GPU. That will be more difficult to troubleshoot.

new update, haven't cleaned my PC yet but just turned on my PC, and I noticed usually the noise arise right after when I start open "STEAM & play DOTA 2"

Ralston18

Titan
Clean the PC first and test.

If the noise remains then the problem may not be hardware.

Look in Task Manager > Startup to see what all is being launched at startup. If you do not recognize something that is being launched then google to see what you can learn about that app or process. Do not blindly delete it or uninstall anything.

However, you can disable something recognized that you do not want to be launching at startup.

Likewise you can disable any named items that you do not recognize.

Is Steam being launched at startup?

If so, before launching Steam and playing DOTA2, disable Steam from Startup and reboot. Do you still hear the noise?

Next step would be to reinstall Steam. The current installation may be buggy or corrupted.

The key is to methodically test (as above) to determine if the problem continues, changes, or preferably ends.

Keep notes on what you changed and where you made the change. Just in case you need to undo something.

Solution