Headphone Microphone Audio Very Low Now

michiaelsa

Commendable
Feb 14, 2018
I've got a pair of Turtle Beach EarForce Z11's that I've been using for a while on both my PC and Xbox. The cable started to fray a while ago so I taped it up. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and the mic output is very low but it is still picking up audio. The headphones themselves still work. I recently re-taped it hoping to fix a lose connection or something but I used duct tape initially so there's a bit of gunk in the wiring. The problem has persisted. Is the problem the wiring and is it something I can fix or are these headphones a lost cause?

Feb 27, 2020
I've got a pair of Turtle Beach EarForce Z11's that I've been using for a while on both my PC and Xbox. The cable started to fray a while ago so I taped it up. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and the mic output is very low but it is still picking up audio. The headphones themselves still work. I recently re-taped it hoping to fix a lose connection or something but I used duct tape initially so there's a bit of gunk in the wiring. The problem has persisted. Is the problem the wiring and is it something I can fix or are these headphones a lost cause?
I have a similar problem with a new set of headphones . I presumed the easiest solution would be to plug them into a very simple amplifer. I have been unable to find such a thing . All the amplifiers seem to be very large very expensive designed only for super all round hoome theatre built for 50 people . Suely a simple basic amplifier for earphones cannot be such a difficult thing to design

Feb 27, 2020
Thanks very much . I was surprised to see how big and expensive it is . I only want it as I cannot hear my phone very well. Maybe there are kits as the components should not be too expensive