Question Headphone microphone only recording on left side plzzzzzz help

Person268

Prominent
Jun 2, 2020
I got these new headphones because my old ones had a horrible mic. Then i was voice recording to test my mic and realized that my microphone was only recording on the left side. I tried to google some answers it was all about guitars and actual microphones and these audio things i didn't understand. I just have a regular headset with a mic that i use for gaming. There is this thing that if i turn on mono audio it fixes my mic but my headphones are broken now because i need left audio and right audio and i don't need it together because it is hard to hear which side enemies are. I had my old mic and when i got my new mic i didn't do any driver updates or anything. plz help me and keep in mind that i have a headset mic and i don't understand these mono and stereo stuff so plz provide screenshots. thank you.

Person268

Prominent
Jun 2, 2020
I got these new headphones because my old ones had a horrible mic. Then i was voice recording to test my mic and realized that my microphone was only recording on the left side. I tried to google some answers it was all about guitars and actual microphones and these audio things i didn't understand. I just have a regular headset with a mic that i use for gaming. There is this thing that if i turn on mono audio it fixes my mic but my headphones are broken now because i need left audio and right audio and i don't need it together because it is hard to hear which side enemies are. I had my old mic and when i got my new mic i didn't do any driver updates or anything. plz help me and keep in mind that i have a headset mic and i don't understand these mono and stereo stuff so plz provide screenshots. thank you.