Headphone problems with new motherboard

Jul 24, 2018
I just installed a new motherboard, and the microphone playback feature on my headphones doesn't work anymore. People also tell me I sound really quiet in discord. The headphone model is the Logitech G231 Prodigy and the motherboard is a ASUS Z170-Deluxe. I'm running Windows 10 64-Bit and the device manager tab doesn't show any hazard or exclamation points.

Jul 24, 2018

I did what you said and now it works but now when I'm not talking I can hear static noise in the background. Anyway to fix that?

I'm not sure why you are getting static on your headphones. Is this earlier post any help?

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3305014/static-noise-front-panel-headphone-jack.html

Jul 24, 2018

Sorry for the late response, but I've sort of lost hope for the last problem. It doesn't seem like I can find a fix for it without 2 more problems popping up, but a more serious problem has come up. People can barely hear my audio input in Discord, and I tested it through audacity with two different microphones, both at 100% boost, and I can barely be heard. Is this still a problem with drivers, or is there something wrong with my motherboard?

Try going to "Control Panel > Sound > Recording". Right click on Headset Microphone, choose "Configure Speech Recognition > Set up microphone" and run through the set up process.

Jul 24, 2018

No change in sound levels sadly.