Question Headphones and Realtek not working

Feb 6, 2019
I recently got a Kotion Each G2000 Headset. The mic works for my phone and PS4 but not my PC.

After some searching it seemed like I had to update my Realtek driver. That was when I realized I did not have Realtek listed under my device manager. A few videos said to go to mobo site (MSI) and get the latest driver which I did, no change. Then I went to MCU and updated, no change. Then I went to Realtek and downloaded, still no change.

At this point I am afraid I have screwed up my computer in some way with all of the downloads. I have tried to go back and uninstall the drivers I stalled and unzipped but to no avail.

Please help me, I am way over my head.

eXistenZ2

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2016
I have a similar issue (hyperx)

I unplugged it to move my pc, and when I plugged it back in (I use a splitter), I didn't have any sound at all, nor the mic picking up. When I don't use a splitter, I have sound, but no mic being recognised by windows. I know the splitter works because it's fine when I use it at the front jacks of my pc (but the sound is really poor quality there)

I noticed realtek was gone in my device manager, So I downloaded it and installed it. However, switching to it as my sound device, gives no sound in my ear despite the pc displaying it is producing sound. Also the mic isn't picking anything up. I have to switch back to "speakers", without splitter to have normal sound. But that means no mic...

When I plug it in in my laptop, (no splitter) mic and sound work fine (probably also because the prompt asks what I plugged in, which my pc doesn't ask)

Latest posts