Question Headphones and Speakers not showing up seperately under playback devices

May 17, 2019
I have a tongfang chasis laptop. I'm using realtek hd audio version 6.0.1.8459. Both Headphones and Speakers work however they are not showing up seperately under playback devices(only speakers under playback devices). Thus i cant use seperate setting for them. I also can't play audio from speakers while headphones are still connected due to this problem. When using microsoft hd audio instead of realtek, it detects both of them. I need to use realtek drivers for 2 reasons; My laptop has a subwoofer which ms audio doesn't detect/utilize and laptop comes with soundblaster cinema 5 which also doesn't work with ms audio.

May 17, 2019
Are you on the latest BIOS for that laptop? You may want to uninstall and reinstall your audio drivers with a previous version. Speaking of version, are you working with Windows 10?
Im quite sure that Im using latest bios tho still not certain. Windows 10pro 1809. I tried realtek 6.0.1.8459 and 6.0.1.8428.

Both Headphones and Speakers work however they are not showing up seperately under playback devices(only speakers under playback devices)... I also can't play audio from speakers while headphones are still connected
Nothing's wrong, this is by design. Laptops don't output to the speaker system and the 3.5mm jack simultaneously, and the "Realtek" entry is all that will show as it's the primary audio controller driving both.

It has nothing to do with BIOS.

May 17, 2019
Nothing's wrong, this is by design. Laptops don't output to the speaker system and the 3.5mm jack simultaneously, and the "Realtek" entry is all that will show as it's the primary audio controller driving both.

It has nothing to do with BIOS.
Let me show you how ms driver lists and manages audio output sources Vs the realtek

https://drive.google.com/file/d/148Gnh7efxXRTq7QtqheBBl7hbBgEI0yA/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B8BMvYkb2stc1ZlJS6mAF1Br_-q-nMY8/view

What i want is simple; Different settings for headphones and speakers + To be able alternate between output sources without unplugging the 3.5mm jack(not simultaneously outputting from both of them)

Here is a picture of what i want to happen

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-WykDQ9wa17NYi6aj1HlNzgXxb3u5K_4/view

What i want is simple; Different settings for headphones and speakers + To be able alternate between output sources without unplugging the 3.5mm jack(not simultaneously outputting from both of them)
Unfortunately there's no simple way to do this that I know of. As far as I'm aware, most (all?) Windows laptops function the same when it comes to how playback devices are prioritized and configured. I imagine you need a more capable audio controller with a more refined driver to do what you're looking for. Laptops are quite limited.

Edit: If you have access to these options with the Realtek driver, maybe some of the info here will be of help. The laptops I've dealt with did not have these features opened up, though.

Last edited:
May 17, 2019
Unfortunately there's no simple way to do this that I know of. As far as I'm aware, most (all?) Windows laptops function the same when it comes to how playback devices are prioritized and configured. I imagine you need a more capable audio controller with a more refined driver to do what you're looking for. Laptops are quite limited.

Edit: If you have access to these options with the Realtek driver, maybe some of the info here will be of help. The laptops I've dealt with did not have these features opened up, though.
thx for your replies. Yes i tried methods on this pc however, realtek audio manager is not included as shown on that site. I have tried manually adding its executable(found it through internet :D) and it didnt work as expected. My laptop has quite simplified version of it which is, to be frank has almost no useful setting.

May 17, 2019
My MSI laptop is the same way, as are all the laptops we've dealt with - and these are all high-end machines, so you can imagine that more entry-level and middle of the line products are probably just as, if not more limited. :(

Nice try with the Realtek app, though! Good find. (y)
I guess I will stay on ms drivers. With ms drivers i cant setup my subwoofer it only detects left and right speakers. Have you got any knowledge about how to make ms driver to detect the subwoofer?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oW7G8QyL6R_b06kXlopNqL9TzEEmvOoV/view

I guess I will stay on ms drivers. With ms drivers i cant setup my subwoofer it only detects left and right speakers. Have you got any knowledge about how to make ms driver to detect the subwoofer?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oW7G8QyL6R_b06kXlopNqL9TzEEmvOoV/view
You don't technically have a subwoofer. What you have is a third speaker that is a low-pass filter, not a true 2.1 speaker setup. That's why you can't configure a subwoofer, Windows doesn't recognize that third speaker as a ".1".

May 17, 2019
You don't technically have a subwoofer. What you have is a third speaker that is a low-pass filter, not a true 2.1 speaker setup. That's why you can't configure a subwoofer, Windows doesn't recognize that third speaker as a ".1".
Since I'm have no technical knowledge into speakers all i can say is that, is there a way to make windows recognize that speaker as subwoofer? Cause sound is rather dull without it.

PS: While i was using realtek driver subwoofer was detected by the system as a subwoofer. I could turn it down a notch, mute or do whatever i wanted with it. Microsoft hd audio driver doesn't detect them :/